Friday, November 7, 2008

Viral infection?

So, I just go back from my Dr. appointment. I didn't get to see Dr. Cho so I was a little disappointed. I had blood drawn. The nurse butchered my arm and it's now all bruised. I don't know why they always have a hard time finding my veins! I asked the nurse what they were testing me for and she said, rubella, toxoplasmosis and herpies. I truly believe I do not have any of this viruses and will be completely shocked if I do. Of course the test result will not be back for over a week. By the time I get the test back I will be having more blood drawn for my Thyroid. I have been taking thyroid medicine since I got pregnant and Dr. Cho just upped my medication to 75mg. I am also taking selenium. It's suppose to help lower the antibodies. I don't know if this was the cause of the miscarriage, but i guess it can't hurt to have it regulated. I have had an under active thyroid for probably 2 years now and never knew it. I've never felt any different, just tired... but I am always tired. I was hoping that once I stated the medication I would feel less tired or be able to lose some weight, but that hasn't happened at all.
Today I got an email from a company I had worked with in August. I had traveled to Germany with this company and I was pregnant at the time. Of course the first words in the email was... How's the baby? Its so hard to respond to that. I sent him a polite short email explaining and I think he just felt terrible. I couldn't help but start crying. Its been a while since someone has asked me about the baby. I guess I just wasn't prepared to hear it.
Well, its Friday and i am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.

No comments: